What is WISe?WISe stands for Wraparound with Intensive Services. WISe is a voluntary service that takes a team approach to meeting your child’s needs. It provides intensive mental health services to support your child and helps your family reach your goals.
How can I tell if my child needs WISe?
If you are not sure, ask for a WISe screening. You can refer your child for a WISe screening at any time. You should consider referring your child for a WISe screening if your child is:
- Frequently using crisis lines or emergency rooms due to mental health concerns
- Experiencing hard to understand behavior (such as running away or frequent arrests that are due to mental health) that are challenging to you, other caregivers, or treatment provider, and traditional services alone are not helping.
- Displaying an elevated risk of harm to themselves or others.
- In need of a more intensive and individualized approach to treatment.
- In need of a more flexible and engaging approach.
- Involved in multiple systems (like mental health, CPS, Juvenile Justice, developmental disability services, and/or substance use disorder treatment) and the other agencies are struggling to support your child together.
- In special education and/or has a 504 Plan, with multiple school suspensions for mental health and/or behavioral issues.